Cathy at TCKK had this on her blog which she got from Cathy at Latte With Me so being a Cathy I thought I would play along too.
1. Eggnog or Hot Chocolate? Eggnog - the kids love when Eggnog comes out cause they know it's getting close.
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Wraps most but leaves the big things, bikes, snowboards, TV's, computers unwrapped.
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? White outside (although we haven't got them up yet. Technical difficulty this year- every strand is half out- G is thinking of switching to LED but haven't got that far) Half the family likes white and the other half like colored on the tree.. this year WHITE. Each monster has a tree- two have white and the little one has pink.
4. Do you hang mistletoe? No, never have.
5. When do you put your decorations up? The week after Thanksgiving. The big question is when do we take them or the tree down.. Like February... last year we just never got it down. It wasn't in the way and we love the mood the lights make in the living room.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish? My mom's dressing...yummo
7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child? My dad always got home from work at midnight. We would wake up at 230 in the morning and have Christmas. One year my mom and I stood on the porch and looked at the North Star and made a wish. We both told, which was bad cause neither of our wishes came true. I wanted a Baby Alive and she wanted her sister from Arizona to come home.
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? When I was about 12 I thought I didn't believe and I went to bed, dad came home from work and was talking to mom in their bedroom and then I heard the bells on the garage door jingle. I kind of screamed and asked if they heard it and they said yes that I needed to get to sleep. I did go to sleep for a bit and then woke up to find that Santa had been there.
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? We let the kids open 1 present of our choice near Christmas and that holds them over til the special morning.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? It has been different every year so it just depends. Sometimes we junk it up with everything we have and sometimes just balls and lights. This year we did brown and golds. (pictures coming soon)
11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? I LOVE lOvE LoVe it... I do get worried driving in it.
12. Can you ice skate? NO no NO.. I can roller skate but I can't balance on that little blade.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? No, I really can't remember.
14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Celebrating with family
15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? Buckeyes (don't know if that counts as dessert)
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? We always watch Home Alone and Christmas story during the season and then on Christmas Eve.
17. What tops your tree? Sometimes an angel, a star, a grapevine star and this year a bow.
18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving? Giving
19. Candy Canes? I like them, the kids love candy cane ice cream another holiday must. And when we run out D will crunch up candy canes and put it in vanilla.
20. Favorite Christmas Show? Charlie Brown, Annabell's Wish, Home Alone, Christmas Story I am going to add this.. I think..my own opinion but Polar Express is down right wicked.. I don't care for that movie at all. Something about the bum and letting the kids on top of the train ...wicked. I know a lot of people love it but not me..
21. Saddest Christmas Song? Same as Cathy- Christmas Shoes
22. What is your favorite Christmas Song? Silent Night